Function: Home-care nurse
Application procedure: Interview and basic screening by HR
Contract type: One year Full-time contract with a probation period of 3 months
To deliver integrated care (technical nursing and psychosocial) to appointed patients in their home environment or during visits in the clinic. To monitor, maintain and improve their health and autonomy. The nurses are also a vocal point for the patients and coordinate with the other family medicine providers within the company’s network.
Positioning in the organisation:
The nursing management officer and operations will be monitoring and supporting the home care nurse. The home care nurse will also be supported by the network of doctors at the clinic.
- Knowledge based requirements:
- Qualitative and competent practice of home care nursing with a holistic approach designed individually for the patient and his/her environment and situation.
- Observation of the patients health condition and needs, detection of possible changes and reporting these in the EMR and to the team.
- Working systematically, recognising challenges and problems, set targets and actions, evaluate the outcome and redirect the care-plan if needed.
- Stimulate, accompany and support the patient with his/her hygienic care or takes over.
- Register the patients information and the observations daily in the EMR.
- Informs and cooperates in a structured manner with the rest of the team to ensure continuity of care.
- Respects the law of confidentiality.
- Attends the weekly meetings in the clinics and the trainings offered by the Academy.
Focusing on the comfort and overall well-being of the patient and taking initiative to improve or guarantee this comfort
Listen to the patient with a focus on their challenges and expectations, have conversations to reach solutions or a personalised approach together
Explanation of the healthcare plan, the interventions you do and the materials you use as well as the company’s vision and services
Consult with the family, neighbours and any other care-givers of the patient how they can help and support the patient to reach an ideal care-plan.
- Knowledge based competences:
- up to date knowledge of nursing in general and specifically in home-care
- Knowledge and understanding of the company’s vision after introduction
- Knowledge of the EMR and hardcopy nursing files
- Knowledge on the use of smartphone and tablet
- Knowledge of preparation and administration of drugs
- Knowledge of nursing procedures and infection control
- Understanding and basic communication skills in English are a plus
- Personality based competences:
- Patient centeredness
We aim for the patient and his/her family to be in the centre of our home-care services. We require our nurses to carry out this vision and to always act with the patient’s wishes and needs in his/her mind.
The home care nurse has respect for the patient and his/her surroundings, family and all people involved in their care and well-being. We expect our team to work with our values and treat all patients and colleagues with kindness and respect.
The home care nurse will never work alone. He/she is supported by an expert team and we want all our colleagues to be able to co-operate, share information and work on an enjoyable work environment.
The home care nurse has a high regard of his/her own work and maintains the professionalism while taking responsibility for the tasks that are assigned to him/her. Yet he/she knows his/her limits and asks for help when needed.
- Holder of a bachelor degree or technical degree in nursing
- 3-5 years’ experience at ICU or home care
- License to practice nursing in Egypt
- Succeed in the recruitment process
- Provide references
- As the nurses’ work will mostly take place outside of the clinics, there will be a periodical monitoring.
- The nursing management officer will also have a 3 monthly evaluation meeting to follow up with the nurses’ functioning within the company and to discuss possible challenges and feedback.
- We expect the nurses to follow the trainings offered by the Academy.
If interested send the following to Kirstendillen@gmail.com:
1 – Your most updated cv.
2 – Short cover letter