Shamseya is a problem solver to challenges facing healthcare. We focus on healthcare systems in the Middle East and North Africa region. Shamseya has a patient-centered approach to development. We support and empower patients to understand how to navigate and improve their healthcare systems. Shamseya has created programs that improve the quality, accessibility, effectiveness, and affordability of healthcare services provided to people in Egypt and the region. Our running projects and products are ElNase7, Women Friendly services, Salametna, Eghospitals, iCheck, and Melior.
Position title: Junior Researcher
Position Location: Home, office, and field-based.
Position duration: After completion of a successful 3-month probation period, a full employment contract with a 1-year limited-term subject to renewal based on performance will be offered. The contract includes medical and social insurance benefits.
Reports to: CEO
Work Conditions: Flexible working hours, with working hours between 9:00am-5:00pm.
As part of its solutions, Shamseya carries out different types of research work as a component of many projects or consultancies. Different types and purposes of research and data collection are needed on a regular basis including project implementation, needs assessment, market research and others.The role of the Junior Researcher is to take the lead structuring, managing and executing the research and data collection component in any of Shamseya projects. He/She will be responsible for producing publications, reports and research findings that will support Shamseya’s vision of creating sustainable solutions in the healthcare sector in Egypt and MENA, with the support of the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and analyze statistical data and information from a wide variety of sources that are local and global. Such sources are but not limited to: Books, journal articles, newspaper sources, questionnaires, survey polls, and interviews.
- Contribute to the design and content of the different research papers and reports that shamseya produces.
- Develop recommendations to shamseya’s projects based on research evidence.
- Support Shamseya’s different projects in their research activities and documentation activities.
- Ensure all data collected is properly organized and documented.
- Support in delivering and presenting key information and research findings to be published on social media channels in collaboration with the social media manager.
- Work on assembling potential partners and sponsors databases whose vision matches the different Shamseya projects in collaboration with project managers.
- Participate actively in strategy meetings which will shape Shamseya’s research pipeline. Qualifications: Education:
- Relevant university degree. e.g., political sciences, social studies
Experience and requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years experience working as a researcher
- High interest in working on women-related topics and in healthcare-related topics.
- Ability to read and comprehend plenty of data and information.
- Good analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills
If interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org