Shamseya is a problem solver to challenges facing healthcare. We focus on healthcare systems in the Middle East and North Africa region. Shamseya has a patient-centered approach to development. We support and empower patients to understand how to navigate and improve their healthcare systems. Shamseya has created programs that improve the quality, accessibility, effectiveness, and affordability of healthcare services provided to people in Egypt and the region. Our running projects and products are ElNase7, Women Friendly services, Salametna, Eghospitals, Check, and Melior.
About Women Friendly Services (WFS) Project:
The Women Friendly Healthcare Services (WFS) Project is an Egypt based project created by Shamseya to connect women of all ages living in Egypt with safe, accessible, and acceptable healthcare services that suit their needs and empower them to make informed decisions about their health, with a focus on sexual and reproductive health. Through the direct capacity building and training of staff and caregivers in all levels of healthcare, and by collaborating with local stakeholders and expert groups, the WFS Project aims to ensure the availability of women-friendly healthcare services.
Position title: Women Friendly Services Project Coordinator
Position Location: Home, office, and field-based.
Position duration: After completion of a successful 3-month probation period, a full employment contract with 1-year limited-term subject to renewal based on performance will be offered. The contract includes medical and social insurance benefits.
Reports to: WFS Project Manager
Target Start date: 15th of September, 2021
Work Conditions: Flexible working hours, with working hours between 9:00am-5:00pm.
The Project Coordinator will assist the project manager in all implementation aspects related to Women Friendly Services Project, including report writing, developing program documents and work plans, and monitoring and evaluation of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document meeting minutes and work with the project manager to translate them into tasks and deliverables for different project team members;
- Support in the implementation of project activities in accordance with project proposal and action plan;
- Work with the social media manager and designer on crafting and disseminating social media messages which serve the awareness and marketing purpose of the project.
- Work with the designated teams in creating all needed promotional marketing materials for the project.
- Report on achievements against the work plans developed and project updates to WFS Project Manager.
- Support in the implementation of the WFS tool in collaboration with the WFS field worker and researcher and ensure achievement of project indicators;
- Assist WFS Project manager in preparing program progress reports and documenting program success; Outreach and partnerships building:
- Work on assembling potential partners and sponsors databases.
- Assist in arranging meetings with relevant stakeholders, e.g. government officials, private sector partners, and hospital managers;
- Write proposals and MOUs for different partners and stakeholders;
- Assist in regular sharing of information & updates with partners and relevant stakeholders; Research and Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Research and create the women friendly services guidebook;
- Conduct field visits to monitor program implementation.
Education: Relevant university degree.
Experience and requirements:
- A minimum of 1-year experience working in the development sector and in a related or similar position.
- Passion to work on women-related issues.
- Experience in organizing workshops, conferences, and event planning.
- Good communication skills;
- Good use of Microsoft Office applications;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Health/Medical background is a plus.
If interested please send your resume to email@example.com