Current efforts include:
- Raising public awareness on the importance of talk about death and dying
- Developing tools that mainstream death-related discussion and preparation
- Research in partnership with national and international institutions with the aim of developing an applicable and comprehensive national strategy
- Dialogue to end the national crisis of opioid scarcity, unavailability and inaccessibility
- Mapping local palliative and end-of-life care services and identifying key national players and including government and policy-makers in the discussion
- Making palliative and end-of-life care available, accessible and affordable to all patients in need
- Integrating advance directives in the Egyptian legislation
- Making palliative care not restricted to oncology patients only.
- Raising awareness and advocacy about the importance of palliative care, end-of-life care and the concept of a healthy death
- Improving the quality, quantity and distribution of palliative care, hospice care and end-of-life care to be reachable at all stages of care.